Fly me to the Moon
Either going by their current name or their former title the St Blaise Bigband, over the years Jan Hasenöhrl & The Loop Jazz Orchestra have taken on a diverse range of styles and arrangements generally written for a large jazz orchestra. Their albums serve up treats spanning light, swing compositions by Count Basie to Jan Hasenöhrl and Lukáš Chejn's own composition, which give away their passion for 1970s composers, and enviable capacity to employ funky rhythms in highly sophisticated brass riffs. And of course we mustn’t forget the bigband’s amazing experience with the legendary Buddy Rich who paid several visits to the Czech Republic and played alongside our local musicians. And as if this weren’t enough, the group were also blessed by the presence of trumpeters Bobby Shew, Chuck Findley and phenomenal drummer Steve Smith who “infected” band members with their boundless energy while inspiring them to deliver world-class results.
The concert programme promises to deliver a cross-section of the Loop Jazz Orchestra’s repertoire spanning the past fifteen years. We believe it will not only delight swing fans but also anyone who appreciates stellar solo performances accompanied by bigband.
- Flight of the Foo Birds – Neal Hefti
- Count Me In – Count Basie
- Tall Cotton – Sammy Nestico
- For Lena and Lenny – Quincy Jones
- Whisper Not – Benny Golson
- Duet – Neal Hefti
- The Trail of Man's Tear – Jan Hasenöhrl / Lukáš Chejn / Petr Beneš
- It's Oh, So Nice – Sammy Nestico
- Norwegian Wood – John Lennon / Paul McCartney
- Fly me to the Moon – Bart Howard
Jan Hasenöhrl & The Loop Jazz Orchestra